Indoor Cleaning and Disinfection with Bio-Shield®
Bio-Shield® can be used indoors on hard surfaces as a steriliser and sanitiser.
Research is indicating the SARS /CoV-2 virus can survive for up to 3 days on hard surfaces such as plastic and stainless steel.
The active ingredient in Bio-Shield - Quaternary Ammonium, is proven effective and recommended by EPA, for killing viruses on these hard surfaces.
How to use Bio-Shield to sanitise and sterilise interior surfaces
We suggest making up a 1:40 solution = 25ml Bio-Shield Concentrate to 1000ml water.
This can be applied with a spray bottle, or wiped on with a clean cloth (use gloves)
Apply the Bio-Shield to:
- Door handles
- Light switches
- Window handles
- Bathroom/kitchen/laundry taps
- Toilet bowls and cisterns
- Bathroom sinks, baths and showers
- Fridge/freezer door handles
- Control panels on washing machines/dryers/dishwashers/microwaves/stoves/ovens/range hoods
- Remote controls
- Kitchen benches
- Hard back chairs
- Soak used cutlery, crockery and utensils for 10 minutes then wash normally
- Soiled laundry – soak 10 minutes then wash normally
Reapply every 3 to 4 days to maintain the effectiveness.
Please note; Bio-Shield has not been specifically tested on SARS or CoV-2, and we make no claim that it will be 100 % effective. The suggestion for use as an interior sanitiser is based on commonly available data and recommendations from the EPA and CDC for disinfection with Quaternary Ammonium compounds is 99.9% effective